June 24, 2011

My Secret to the Perfect Tan!

  When I was younger, I always thought tanning salons were the worst places to go. Having always gotten relatively dark in the natural sun, there was no need in paying someone to turn a bed full of light bulbs on for 20min. In my high school, about 1 out of 5 females either worked in a tanning salon, or used the facilities, and yes, I was one of them. During my senior year came, I had seized going into any salons, but after a huge medical issue that impacted my life, I decided it was time to start going back. I noticed how weak I was in comparison to the other females around me. After I moved out of the house and began college, I decided to venture into the local town, which would probably have so many new experiences waiting for me.
   "You have an invent invite from Zuma Beach Tan," is what notifications on Facebook would read. After putting tanning off for so long, I decided to find out where the salon was. To my surprise, I found what I like to call one of my other homes. Zuma Beach Tan, located in the heart of Pleasantville, NY, is not only the cleanest salon I have ever been to, but the staff still is phenomenal. After filling out all legal paperwork for the salon and the state, the owner showed me around the salon to each bed and explained the levels and uniqueness. Never in my life had I also received a skin analysis to help me decide which level or bed type to begin with, and which lotion would be ideal for my first few sessions.
    Zuma Beach Tan provides bed types, all starting from a Level 3 and up! My personal favorite is the Matrix. It took a while for the staff to let me try it, but I knew they were the professionals and I was a client. They just want the best for each client and their specific situation. There are about eight beds in total, one being a stand-up (Sun Capsule), and one being an upper-body bed (Ergoline Upper Body). Oh, and the lotions that are provided for sale are amazing depending on the bed. I guess one could say that the better quality the lotion, the better the bed, the better results are seen.
   Lotions are probably the key element to the perfect tan. Individual packets are offered, as well as lotion pumps so that clients can sample any lotion they would like without knowing how their skin will react to it. Then, there are bottles. No one is pressuring anyone to buy a bottle, especially since everyone's body is different, but some lotions have GREAT specials! Oh, and for those of who want a dark, mature look, Tini-Shots are the way to go. I mix them with my lotion whenever I want a dark look fairly quick and the results are amazing.
   In addition to the traditional tanning expierence, Zuma Beach Tan offers a tanning alternative, a Spray Tan. For those who wish to have a nice, sleek tan faster, a natural Norvell Spray Tan is the way to go. I know the first thing that went through my mind was "Eh, I'll pass on being called an Oompa Loompa." To my surprise, when I would sit in the salon waiting for a bed, clients would walk out with a perfect tan to compliment their natural skin color. Asking what the secret was, I was told there was NO  machine! Every female I know that has gotten a spray tan used a booth and came out looking like they belonged in a cartoon. All airbrushing was done by hand with fresh coloring which left no orange tint. I caved in and decided to try it. After my session, I looked neat and streak-free. The process is fairly quick and easy, the only advice I will give you is to shower very well before going in.
   A recent discovery at Zuma Beach Tan was the introduction of UV-Teeth Whitening. A process that would cost hundreds of dollars in a dental office can be done at Zuma Beach Tan for less than $60! All anyone has to do is purchase the whitening serum and sit down and relax in a tanning bed of his or her choice. I've tried it and experienced results within two weeks. Zuma Beach Tan has clearly found ways to make everything a bout a person unique and cost effective.
   Zuma Beach Tan is by far the most amazing place anyone can venture into. The equipment, products, services, employees, and environment are simply fantastic. I would highly recommend Zuma Beach before any other salon that I, or any of my friends have ever been into.Oh, and before I forget, Zuma Beach Tan is also a recent winner of the Norvell Spray Tan Contest!
   For more information, check out the salon's Facebook page out by Zuma Beach Tan or calling for information at 914-769-8267!

P.S. When tanning, keep hydrated! Drink water everyday, before and after tanning to replenish the body!
My personal favorite, the Matrix!

No comments:

Post a Comment