July 7, 2011

A Gift From Mother Nature

   "Flower jewelry. Is it plastic? Are they easily broken?" These were the questions that went through my mind as I was walking around South Street Seaport. As many people know, I absolutley love accessories, so when I saw the kiosk I just had to stop and take a peak! The company, Hanami, had well represented products and very eye-catching. With radiant colors and designs, Hanami knows how to sell a product.
   Hanami Real Flower Jewelry is made of real, natural flowers, as explained by the representative at the kiosk today. It was brought to my attention that each flower is selected for originality, color and shape on a very high scale. After they are chosen, they go through a drying process and then preserved and covered with several coats of resin. The resin is used to create a hard and durable finish. It could take as much as one week for each flower. Like any other piece of jewelry, Hanami can last for as long as possible with the proper care. 
   The company provides various pieces ranging from necklaces to earrings and even pins! I honestly think pins are a great gift, especially if the person receiving the gift is picky about their earrings and necklaces. Pins are relatively simple and can be worn to compliment any solid top. I know many adults that would rather have a pin than any other piece of jewelry because they are attention grabbers. Radiant colors and designs are always a plus! If the recipient does like the flower creations and wants a necklace to match the earrings or the other way around, sets are available! 
   One thing I have learned from any shopping experience is that beauty and style is worth a pretty penny. Stores like Claire's and Icing, amongst other accessory boutiques, can only provide objects to last for so long. At least with Hanami, they only break in the worst-case scenarios (i.e. falling on them, hard drop, stepping, etc.) because of materials used to give the flowers such a hard body. That alone makes the product worth the prices. Earrings begin at $35 and go up to $45, necklaces begin at $49 and can go to $67, while pins begin at $42 and go up to $55. The best deals are to purchase the earrings and necklaces together. The average set begins at $84 and can range up to $94. If I were to make a purchase at any other boutique in the mall, I could spend money on materials that could easily break or possibly turn my skin a different color. Hanami jewelry does not do this!    
  Needless to say, I think the next time I splurge on a piece of jewelry (without spending hundreds), my money will invest in a necklace by Hanami. You can check out Hanami by clicking below!

Hanami USA
Dendrobium Set $84.00

No comments:

Post a Comment