October 28, 2011

My "Crepe" Experience :)

      This passed Sunday while waiting for my train, I was wondering around Grand Central Station. It was 11am and I had left the house without eating breakfast, so I found myself trying to find out who was still serving breakfast and not lunch. Now, there is a place called Ciao Bella Gelato that I regularly go to for coffee or gelato. What I didn't know was that they sold actual food items as well. However, these items cannot be found on their website, but each location depending on the size.
      Grand Central, as we all know, does not exactly have a large space for each vendor to have a full kitchen. Ciao Bella, located in the dining concourse, is a small location, with a large amount of customer service. As a bar/kiosk location, there is not as much variety as an actual store, but they do rotate the gelato and sorbet flavors daily/weekly based on if there is a featured flavor. As far as meal/a la carte items are concerned, for breakfast last week, I tried Ciao Bella's Nutella and Bannana Crepes, as well as their Cocoa Bella w/Gelato. To my surprise, there was the perfect amount of Nutella inside and on the crepes that made it delectable. When I tried the Cocoa Bella, I imagined it as the average hot chocolate. I was mistaken by far. Made the traditional way (foam and all), but I was also asked what flavor gelato I wanted to have mixed in! Naturally, I chose Belgian Chocolate, a rich and delicious flavor compared to the first chocolate flavor I tried last year. I have to say, once the gelato was mixed in, it was probably the best hot chocolate I have had in a long time.
    Next time you visit Grand Central and are hungry or just want a little snack, head over to Ciao Bella. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!! To find a location near you, visit the link provided! Ciao Bella Gelato


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment