November 30, 2011

Can You Guess Who's Secret Came Out?

      On November 29th, 2011 at 10pm, I grabbed a seat, a snack, and two friends. Now, you may be asking what I was doing if you cannot guess. Well, I'll just go ahead and tell you. Last night, I watched the 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Only one word can describe it: FABULOUS! Honestly, there are no other words that I could use to tell how impressed I was last night.
     As you all know, I am a very proud of Limited Brand's company Victoria's Secret. This is where I spend the vast majority of my time. By browsing through the new designs in each collection, I try to piece a lingerie set together. During the fashion show, one of the Victoria's Secret Angels showcased the Dream Angel's bra in a GORGEOUS ensemble. I think one of my favorite designs was the mimic Peacock theme from the Passion Collection, showcased by Alessandra Ambrosio of Brazil was absolutely stunning. The colors, along with gems and other stones, brought out the color in both her skin and eyes.
     For a dark theme, I couldn't say it any better than to say that Adrinna Lima, also of Brazilian decent, rocked during the "I Put a Spell on You" collection. The combination of a dark purple, accompanied by a deep black, added flavor to this portion of the show. The Lace Merry Widow piece defiantly made a statement, which was accompanied by a great amount of shimmer and it made the piece more than anything that any one person could think of on their own.
     Without ranting on and on solely about the pieces worn by the Angels, there were also performances! Kanye West and Jay Z  performed 'Ni**as in Paris', followed by Maroon 5's 'Moves Like Jagger', and a fabulous PINK and colorful performance by Nicki Minaj. There is no doubt in my mind that the coming years will be as extravagant. Since the beginning of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, the costumes, colors, and performances have always gotten bigger and better. To end this on a clear note, the overall show was over the top. I honestly can say that I envy the women who have the confidence and overall drive to be a Victoria's Secret Angel.

2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

No comments:

Post a Comment