November 28, 2011

Oh Hey, This Stone is Kind of Hot!

    As the winter is nearing (faster than anticipated), there are multiple ways to relax and keep warm. One of them, which is my personal favorite, would be a Hot Stone massage. Done in different ways based on how the masseuse takes on the task, can be very soothing and relaxing.
   A few weeks ago, I paid a visit to a local nail and spa business near my school and had the best hour of my life. I have always been hesitant about getting massages from nail salons, but I think that's because the ones where I used to live didn't do a very good job. However, I have to say that Tiffany Nail and Spa, located in Pleasantville, NY had a very well organized system. I usually get a regular back massage, but this time I thought I would try a Hot Stone massage. I have three (3) words to describe how it was: It was FABULOUS! I have never felt so relaxed before, well, in such a long time.
  For the majority of the session (which can last up to 60-90 minutes at a time), my masseuse concentrated on the major knots. For most, knots are always there due to stress, however, this is one way to rid of a problem. She (the masseuse), knew me from previous visits and knew where my problem areas were and told me that they had gotten worse. That in fact, they were pretty ridiculous. With the concentration of the major problem areas, incorporation of lavender lotion to sooth the body, and the hot stones, I felt like brand new.
   Most of you are probably reading this and saying that there's no way this is possible. I'm telling you that it is worth it. Personally, I have a bad back that, no matter what, can go more than a day or two without feeling deteriorated. Trust me when I say this, try anything once. Just once. I'm sure you will see a difference, even if it is only for a set amount of time. I can guarantee that your body will love you for what you're doing for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment